Well, the key is to use workspaces. In AutoCAD and AutoCAD Map 3D, your work environment includes menus, toolbars, ribbons and how they are arranged. Your work environment is saved in a workspace. You can configure a workspace to look and function the way you want and create different workspaces for various tasks. For example, you can setup one workspace for using AutoCAD Map 3D commands and another workspace for using AutoCAD commands.
Here’s how to add the AutoCAD 2010 workspaces to AutoCAD Map 3D 2010.
1. Enter CUI at the command prompt to reveal the Customize User interface dialog.
2. In the Customize User Interface dialog box, click on the Transfer tab.
3. On the Transfer tab, under Customizations in New CUI File, click the Open customization file icon.
4. Navigate to the folder containing the file named acad.cuix. For example, in Windows XP the folder is:
C:\Documents and Settings\
5. Select the file named acad.cuix.
6. Expand Workspaces in both the left and right panes
7. Drag the AutoCAD workspaces from the right pane onto the AutoCAD Map 3D Workspaces in the left pane.
8. Click the save icon to save your changes.
9. Click Apply.
10. Click OK.
Click here for a brief video demonstration of the steps outlined above.